10 Reasons to Love Bamboo
1. The fastest growing bamboo grows more than three feet in a single day.
2. Some bamboos can grow to be more than 100 feet tall.
3. A forest of bamboo the same size as a grove of trees will produce 35% more oxygen.
4. Bamboo is drought-tolerant, so it doesn’t need very much water to grow (if you’re growing bamboo at home, you only need to give it one inch of water every 7-10 days).
5. Pandas eat bamboo.
6. Bamboo can be used for:
- water bottles
- fishing rods
- bamboo blankets
- organic blankets
7. Bamboo is a type of woody grass.
8. Bamboo harvesting does not cause soil erosion.
9. Bamboo flowers every 60 to 100 years.
10. Bamboo is beautiful (see below).